Monday, July 22, 2013

The Time Has Come to Move the Tassel...

      Hello All! It has come to the point in my term when I say goodbye.  It is bittersweet, but a very good type of bittersweet.  Currently, I am a candidate for Masters degree, but come Friday, July 26th I will be walking across the stage at Troy University receiving my Master of Science in Strategic Communication.  Honestly, it is hard to believe that the time has finally come for me to move my tassel to the side one final time.  After the hard work, long hours and dedication I have put in the time has finally come.  It is hard for me to wrap my mind around that fact that I will be done with school, forever.  Schooling has made up most of my life.  Honestly, it will be strange not having to open up a book, take a final or stress over the dreaded comprehensive exam. (It was the longest three weeks of my life waiting for those results!) Receiving my Masters degree was something I had always planned to do.  I am so happy that I waited because I was able to continue my education at a university I love so much with the same professors that had guided me through my undergraduate studies. 
     As I walk across that stage I cannot wait to look into the audience and see the two people that made this moment possible. I know that I have been blessed with the two best parents anyone could ask for.  They have nurtured me and given me opportunities that most children only dream of.  They have supported me in every way imaginable and knowing that I have made them proud is a joy that fills my heart like no other.  I am extremely proud to be their daughter.  Everything I have ever done, accomplished and succeeded at is because I knew I had two people who were always in my corner.  Two people that would stand beside me no matter what.  Two people that would be there to pick me up when I fall and tell me to keep going; that I could do it.  Most of all, two people that have always been there to love me and give me encouragement when no one else's words could give me strength and determination.  I love them with all of my heart and it means the world to me that I will have them there.  Of course, I wouldn't expect any less.  They have been there for every important milestone in my life and I expect it continue long after the cap has been thrown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment